- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Indian Crab Curry Recipe
|Coriander leaves||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Pinch|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1711 Calories from Fat 1054
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g188.8%
Saturated Fat 66.7 g333.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 390 mg
Sodium 1929.3 mg80.4%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 23.9 g95.7%
Sugars 24.6 g
Protein 102 g203.9%
Vitamin A 82.2% Vitamin C 328.2%
Calcium 57.5% Iron 59.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Discard the stomach bag attached to the shell below the eyes.
3. Discard greyish white "dead man's fingers" and wash well.
4. Cut each crab into 4 pieces. Wash crabs well.
5. Grind together grated coconut, garlic, green chillies, coriander leaves and ginger.
6. Heat oil. Add mustard seeds, chopped onions and curry leaves.
7. When lightly fried, add ground spices.
8. Add salt. Mix well with the crab and set aside for half an hour.
9. Add the liquid from the grinding stone or very little water and cook over slow fire till crab is done and almost dry.