- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crab Casserole Recipe
|Frozen cauliflower||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1|
|Dried onion flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Or As Required)|
|Skim milk powder||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Frozen spinach||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Cooked crabmeat||7 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (Canned / Frozen)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Ounce, grated|
Calories 228 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.9%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.6 mg20.5%
Sodium 2074.2 mg86.4%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32.1%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 32 g64.2%
Vitamin A 337.3% Vitamin C 139.6%
Calcium 36.8% Iron 23.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) In a saucepan, bring water to boil with ½ teaspoon of salt.
3) Cook the spinach in boiling water for 3 minutes.
4) Drain and rinse in ice cold water.
5) In a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook the cauliflower for 6 to 7 minutes or until tender.
6) Remove from heat and drain.
7) In a food processor, put together bouillon cube, onion flakes, ½ cup of water, milk powder, salt, pepper and cauliflower.
8) Blend together to make a fine paste.
9) In a casserole, combine spinach, crab meat and the cauliflower mixture.
10) Dredge the cheese and paprika on the top.
11) Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
12) Serve the Crab Casserole hot along with freshly baked garlic bread and small mix salad, if desired.