- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crab Cakes with Quick Remoulade Sauce Recipe
|Haddock fillet/Flounder / sole fillets||1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Canned crabmeat||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Reduced-fat mayonnaise||5 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||5 Tablespoon|
|Unseasoned dry breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fine)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Scallions||8 , coarsely chopped|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Pickle relish||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tarragon||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2201 Calories from Fat 1327
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 148 g228.4%
Saturated Fat 36.9 g184.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 723.1 mg
Sodium 3918.7 mg163.3%
Total Carbohydrates 149 g49.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g41.9%
Sugars 51.4 g
Protein 79 g158.5%
Vitamin A 91% Vitamin C 46.2%
Calcium 36.7% Iron 67.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a medium bowl, combine the crabmeat with the eggs, 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of the mustard, 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs, the black pepper, and cayenne. Stir in the scallions.
3. Flake the fish and combine it with the crabmeat mixture. Form the mixture into patties about 3 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick and dredge them in the remaining 1/2 cup bread crumbs.
4. In a medium skillet, warm 1 tablespoon of the oil with 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat until the butter melts. Add the fish cakes and fry until golden all over, 2 to 3 minutes per side, turning carefully. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon each butter and oil as necessary to prevent sticking.
5. In a small bowl, combine the pickle relish, tarragon, and the remaining 3 tablespoons each mayonnaise and mustard.
6. Serve the fish cakes with the remoulade sauce on the side.