- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crab Cakes with Key Lime Sauce Recipe Video
|Breadcrumbs/Crushed cornflake||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pepper and onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped, mixed|
|Creole seasoning||1 Tablespoon (+ 1 teaspoon for sauce)|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs) (+ 1/4 Cup for sauce)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Artificial crab meat||8 Ounce|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon, freshly squeezed (+ 1 Tablespoon for sauce)|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for frying)|
|For the key lime sauce|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Creole seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 765 Calories from Fat 657
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g114.1%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g47.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.6 mg
Sodium 636.6 mg26.5%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 8 g16.4%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 3% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Crab Cakes : Place a bag on the bag holder.
2) Chop and add the crab meat and rest of the ingredients for crab cake into the bag.
3) Seal the bag and mix the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
4) In a pan, heat the olive oil and pipe out small cakes of the crab mixture into the pan.
5) Shallow fry the crab cakes until lightly browned on both sides and done.
6) Key Lime Sauce : In a bowl, combine the freshly squeezed lime juice, mayonnaise and creole seasoning together. Mix until thoroughly blended.
7) Spoon the key lime sauce over the crab cakes and serve immediately.