- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crab Cakes Recipe
|Cooked crabmeat||1 Pound (Make Fresh)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||3 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1734 Calories from Fat 801
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g140.1%
Saturated Fat 47.2 g236.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1065.5 mg
Sodium 7413.7 mg308.9%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g33.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.4%
Sugars 13.3 g
Protein 123 g246.8%
Vitamin A 73.2% Vitamin C 100%
Calcium 55.2% Iron 68.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pick over the crabmeat very carefully, taking our and discarding all bits of the shell.
2) In a skillet, melt the butter and cook the onion over low heat till it has turned transparent.
3) Add the breadcrumbs and blend properly.
4) Stir in the cleaned crabmeat, the beaten eggs as well as the seasoning.
5) Add just enough heavy cream to hold the mixture together.
6) Shape the mixture into 6 flat cakes and then roll each cake in flour.
7) In butter or oil, sauté the cakes till they have all nicely browned on both the sides and have thoroughly heated.
8) Serve hot with lemon butter and tartar sauce.