- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crab Apple Relish Recipe
|Crab apples||6 Pint (Measure After Cored)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 13653 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.9%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 43.6 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 3514 g1171.2%
Dietary Fiber 14.4 g57.5%
Sugars 2921.3 g
Protein 15 g30.4%
Vitamin A 44.8% Vitamin C 743.1%
Calcium 83.3% Iron 65.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the apples and the oranges.
2. Coarsely grind the apples and remove into a large stainless steel or glass bowl.
3. Grind the oranges and empty into the bowl with the apples.
4. Stir the sugar and the spices into the apple orange mixture.
5. Add the vinegar, stir to mix well.
6. Cover the bowl with a muslin cloth and let stand overnight.
7. Sterilize a few jars to store the marmalade.
8. Empty the apple mixture into a large heavy bottomed saucepan.
9. Place the pan over a medium flame and bring to a boil, stirring
10. Simmer, stirring occasionally until apples soften and the mixture becomes thick and viscous. The spoon will leave a train when run through the mixture.
11. Take pan off the flame.
12. Spoon the mixture into the sterilized jars, filling till the brim.
13. Seal the jars when mixture is yet hot.
14. Store bottles in a cool dry area like the pantry.
15. Serve relish along with meat stews or roasts or use as required.