- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crab And Corn Soup Recipe
|Creamed corn||15 Ounce|
|Canned creamed corn||15 Ounce|
|Canned white crabmeat||8 Ounce|
|Chicken or fish stock||1⁄2 Pint|
|Fish stock/Chicken/vegetable||2 1⁄2 Pint (Well Flavored)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Scallions||1 Tablespoon, freshly chopped|
Calories 129 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.55 g0.84%
Saturated Fat 0 g0.02%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.7 mg
Sodium 1126.5 mg46.9%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.96 g3.8%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 14 g28.2%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 22.8%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large stock pot or a saucepan, combine the first 6 ingredients and give a good stir to mix well.
2. Place pan on a medium heat and bring the liquid to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer soup for 10 minutes until piping hot.
4. In the meantime, place egg whites in a clean dry bowl and whisk until frothy, making soft peaks.
5. Gradually add the stiff egg whites to the soup while stirring constantly.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning.
7. Ladle the hot soup into warmed soup bowls.
8. Garnish with chopped scallions.
9. Serve at once.