- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ned Bell makes a Cowboy Burger Recipe Video
|For dry rub|
|Sweet bell pepper||2 Tablespoon, dehydrated and ground (orange Dolce Super Sweet Baby Bell Pepper)|
|Red pepper||2 Tablespoon, dehydrated and ground (red Dolce pepper)|
|Yellow pepper||2 Tablespoon, dehydrated and ground (yellow Dolce pepper)|
|Garlic salt||2 Tablespoon|
|Smoked garlic powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Cracked black pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot pepper||1 , split, seeded, dried (Gusto Hot Pepper) (Optional)|
|For roasted campari tomatoes|
|Campari tomatoes||36 (24-36)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Extra lean ground beef||2 Pound (lamb, bison or turkey (or Portobello mushroom))|
|Grainy mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Cheddar||To Taste (applewood cheddar)|
|Butter lettuce head||1 (Delicato Butter Lettuce)|
|For roasted pepper mayo|
|Sweet bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs) (red, yellow or orange Maestro Sweet Bell Pepper)|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For pickled red onions|
|Red onion||2 , thinly sliced|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||2 Tablespoon|
|Flat leaf parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
Calories 1294 Calories from Fat 572
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g97.9%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g52.1%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 180.2 mg
Sodium 6045.1 mg251.9%
Total Carbohydrates 117 g39.1%
Dietary Fiber 20.9 g83.4%
Sugars 65.4 g
Protein 67 g134.7%
Vitamin A 370.5% Vitamin C 336%
Calcium 29.1% Iron 74.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
For Dry Rub:
1. In mortar and pestle, add dehydrate peppers, garlic salt, smoked garlic powder and cracked black pepper. Grind well and add a hot pepper for extra kick.
For Roasted Campari Tomatoes:
2. Cut tomatoes into half from top to bottom.
3. Season with kosher salt and black pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Preheat oven to 250 degree F.
5. Place tomatoes, cut side up on a baking sheet, and roast for 6 hours (depending on oven). Do not char.
6. Combine choice of meat with grainy mustard in a bowl.
7. Form into patties approximately 1-inch thick and 5 inches across. Season with dry rub.
For Roasted Pepper Mayo:
8. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
9. On a baking tray, place pepper of choice and roast until skin blisters. Cool, peel and seed.
10. In blender, add roasted pepper, mayonnaise and black pepper. Blend until smooth.
For Pickled Red Onion:
11. In a saucepan, boil red wine vinegar with sugar and kosher salt.
12. Add onion slices and turn off heat. Cool and add chopped parsley.
13. Grill patties until cooked through and melt smoked cheddar on top.
14. Spread pepper mayo on bun, top with roasted Campari tomatoes and pickled onions.
15. Add lettuce to bottom of burger bun and then add patty.
16. Assemble with your favorite topping and serve immediately.