- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cowboy Beef Skillet Recipe Video
|London broil||2 1⁄2 Pound, sliced in half|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, cut into large pieces|
|Carrots||2 Medium, peeled and cut into large pieces|
|Onion||1 Medium, wedged|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), halved|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (1/2 tbsp. for seasoning meat 1/2 for vegetables seasoning and remaining for the dish.)|
|Pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1/2 tsp. for seasoning meat 1/2 for vegetables seasoning and remaining for the dish.)|
Calories 465 Calories from Fat 185
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.4%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.7 mg22.2%
Sodium 1854 mg77.2%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 41 g82.9%
Vitamin A 68% Vitamin C 45.4%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl sprinkle all of the veggies with salt and pepper, toss with a tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside.
3. Season the meat with salt and pepper and rub it down with a tablespoon of olive oil.
4. Place a dry 12 inch cast iron skillet over a medium high heat.
5. Once the pan is hot pour a tablespoon of oil to the pan.
6. Place the meat presentation side down into the pan to sear. After 5 minutes on the first side turn the meat over and let it brown for 5 minutes on the second side.
7. Turn off the heat and pour in the water to the pan.
8. Add in all the vegetables, season with salt and pepper.
9. Cover the pan with a loose tent of heavy duty foil.
10. Bake for 60 minutes.
11. After that baste the roast.
12. Cover again with the foil tent, bake it for 60 minutes.
13. Remove the meat from the pan and place it on a dish to rest for 10 minutes.
14. Slice the meat, and return it to the skillet with the veggies.
15. Serve Cowboy beef in a plate with the vegetables.
You can slice the London broil in half so that it would cook more quickly and for easier maneuverability in the pan. If you’d prefer to leave it whole, add an additional half hour of baking time to achieve the same level of tenderness.