- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cowboy Baked Beans Recipe
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped finely|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Fresh ginger root piece||1 Inch, crushed|
|Green pepper||1 , cored, seeded and chopped|
|Red pepper||1 , cored, seeded and chopped|
|Carrots||2 , diced|
|Clear honey||4 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned baked beans||2 Pound (2 Cans, 450 Gram / 1 Pound Each)|
|Streaky bacon||4 Ounce, derinded and chopped (125 Gram)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2001 Calories from Fat 566
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.3%
Saturated Fat 31.8 g159%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 141 mg
Sodium 2011.7 mg83.8%
Total Carbohydrates 294 g98.1%
Dietary Fiber 64.1 g256.4%
Sugars 148.4 g
Protein 67 g134.9%
Vitamin A 531.5% Vitamin C 571.8%
Calcium 61.7% Iron 29.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan, add butter and heat. Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes without browning.
2) If using, add the garlic at this stage along with, ginger, peppers and carrots. Allow to cook for 2 minutes.
3) Stir in the vinegar and honey, reduce the heat and cook for 3-4 minutes while stirring.
4) Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and baked beans.
5) Gently cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6) Crisp and brown the bacon in its own fat. Place on a paper towel and drain.
7) Add the baked beans into a warmed serving dish.
8) Top with bacon and serve.