- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Couscous with Chicken, Artichokes and Sun-dried Tomatoes Recipe Video
|Chicken breast||1 Pound, cooked|
|Sin dried tomatoes||7 Medium (7-8 pieces)|
|Artichoke hearts||1 Can (10 oz), drained and quartered|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Couscous||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Feta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1134 Calories from Fat 362
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.9%
Saturated Fat 14.8 g73.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.7 mg22.2%
Sodium 1759.7 mg73.3%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g31.9%
Dietary Fiber 13.7 g54.9%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 98 g196.3%
Vitamin A 33.2% Vitamin C 65.5%
Calcium 48.3% Iron 27%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan bring chicken broth and water to boil. Add couscous to it. Stir and turn off the heat. Cover it with lid and allow it to sit for 5-8 minutes to bloom.
2. Discard the skin and cut the chicken breast into bite size pieces.
3. Drain sun-dried tomatoes on a paper towel. Pat them dry, and chop into thin strips.
4. In a large mixing bowl, put couscous, diced chicken, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and parsley.
5. Add feta cheese, olive oil, and pepper. Stir to combine.
6. Serve couscous with parsley garnish.