- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cauliflower Gratin Recipe Video
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, salt and pepper as required|
|Salt||To Taste, salt and pepper as required|
|Pepper||To Taste, salt and pepper as required|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 367 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.1%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.8 mg
Sodium 495.9 mg20.7%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.9%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 18 g35%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 131.5%
Calcium 36.9% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven.
2. Cut cauliflower into florets.
3. Boil water and add a generous amount of salt.
4. Blanch cauliflower in it for 7 minutes.
For the Bechamel sauce
5. In a pan, melt butter.
6. Sprinkle flour and mix it well. Cook it for 1-2 minutes.
7. Add cold milk to it. Let it thicken and cook for 7-10 minutes.
8. Add freshly grated nutmeg, salt and pepper.
9. Drain water from cauliflower and take it in a baking dish.
10. Pour Bechamel sauce over it.
11. Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese over it.
12. Bake it in the oven until it is done.
13. Serve it as it is or with some bread.