- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Couscous Salad With Shrimp And Oranges Recipe
|Large shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked and peeled|
|Cooked shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs), large, peeled|
|Couscous||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
|Uncooked couscous||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon (Fresh)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, grated fresh|
|Grated orange peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange peel||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Chopped toasted walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped, toasted|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped (Fresh)|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 477 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.4%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.8 mg
Sodium 57.1 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.6%
Sugars 19.4 g
Protein 15 g29.9%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 135.7%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel and discard the orange pith and membrane.
Halve the segments and reserve few whole segments for garnish.
2) Cut the shrimp into bite-sized pieces and reserve a few whole shrimp for garnish.
3) Cook the couscous as per the directions on package by adding orange juice instead water.
4) In a bowl, transfer the cooked couscous and fluff with a fork.
5) Then drizzle over the oil and lemon juice and fluff the grains further.
6) Stir in the ginger, orange peel, halved orange segments, raisins, walnuts, parsley and cut-up shrimp.
7) Place in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
8) Garnish with the shrimp and orange segments, then serve immediately on individual serving plates.