- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Couscous Salad with Radishes and Pine Nuts Recipe
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Couscous||20 Ounce, cooked|
|Orange juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), divided|
|Orange peel||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Radishes||3 Cup (48 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Pine nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), toasted|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 1045 Calories from Fat 408
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.5%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.7 mg
Sodium 759.6 mg31.7%
Total Carbohydrates 131 g43.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g41.8%
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 25 g50.5%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 116.7%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 21.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a medium saucepan, boil the chicken stock, water and salt together.
2) Gradually add the couscous in steady stream and stir until the all the liquid is absorbed.
3) Turn off the heat, cover and allow to stand for 2 minutes or until couscous is soft.
4) In a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking sheet or other large container, spread the cooked couscous and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
5) Separate the couscous clumps into individual grains with a spatula or using hands.
6) In a large bowl, place the cooled couscous and toss with 1 cup orange juice, orange peel and cilantro.
7) Just before serving, mix in the oil, radishes, pine nuts, vinegar, 1/ 2 cup orange juice and salt and pepper to taste.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.