- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Couscous Chicken Salad Recipe
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Couscous||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
|Olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dijon style mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, minced|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, diced|
|Diced cooked chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onions||4 Large, diced|
|Apple||1 Large, cored and diced (Crisp)|
|Celery rib||1 Large, diced|
|Lettuce leaves||4 (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Parsley sprigs||4 (For Garnish)|
Calories 666 Calories from Fat 424
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.7%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.4 mg
Sodium 731.7 mg30.5%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.8%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 14 g28.1%
Vitamin A 25.9% Vitamin C 28.6%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, allow the chicken broth to boil, then add the couscous and margarine.
2) Again bring to a boil, then turn off the heat, cover and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
3) Fluff the couscous with a fork and cool the 2 cups of the cooked couscous.
4) In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, lemonjuice, salt, coriander, mustard, garlic and pepper together.
5) In a large bowl, add the cooled couscous, chicken, green onions, apple and celery together.
6) Then pour in the olive oil mixture and toss well to coat all the ingredients.
7) Spoon the salad over lettuce lined plates, garnish with the parsley sprigs and serve immediately.