- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Courgettes in Tempura Batter Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Tempura batter mix||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sea salt||2 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
Calories 436 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.37 g0.57%
Saturated Fat 0.07 g0.34%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2520.4 mg105%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g33.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 13 g26.9%
Vitamin A 9.4% Vitamin C 15.5%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 25.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and dry the courgettes.
2. Top and tail them and cut into neat baton shapes about 6cm in length.
3. Place the flour in a clear shallow dish.
4. Mix in the chilli powder and season with a few twists of sea salt together well.
5. Make the tempura batter.
6. In a wok or saucepan, heat enough oil to deep fry to around 180°C.
7. Pass the batons of courgettes through the seasoned flour and into the tempura batter.
8. Carefully take the courgettes from the tempura batter and place in the hot oil.
9. Fry for a few minutes until light golden brown and crispy.
10. Using a slotted spoon, remove the courgette fingers from the oil and drain on some kitchen paper to remove any excess oil.
11. Serve the courgette fingers immediately on warmed plates or in a warmed serving dish.