- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Courgette and Walnut Loaf Recipe
|Light brown sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram / 1/2 Cup)|
|Sunflower oil||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliter / 1/4 Cup)|
|Wholemeal flour||8 Ounce (225 Gram / 1 1/2 Cups)|
|Baking powder||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Soda bicarbonate||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Ground cinnamon||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Ground allspice||2 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Green cardamoms||7 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Courgette||5 Ounce, coarsely grated (150 Gram / 1 Cup)|
|Walnuts||2 Ounce, chopped (50 Gram / 1/4 Cup)|
|Sunflower seeds||2 Ounce (50 Gram / 1/4 Cup)|
Calories 649 Calories from Fat 314
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g56%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 158.6 mg
Sodium 502.1 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.9%
Dietary Fiber 10.8 g43.2%
Sugars 23.2 g
Protein 18 g36.6%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 11.8%
Calcium 18.5% Iron 26.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Beat the eggs and sugar together and gradually add the oil.
3. Sift the flour into a bowl together with the baking powder, bicarbon ate of soda, cinnamon and allspice.
4. Mix into the egg mixture with the rest of the ingredients, reserving 15 ml / 1 tbsp of the sunflower seeds for the top.
5. Spoon into the loaf tin, level off the top, and sprinkle with the reserved sunflower seeds.
6. Bake for about 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool slightly, then turn out on to a wire cooling rack.