- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Country Southern Gravy Recipe Video
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (use as needed)|
|Milk||4 Tablespoon (use as needed)|
Calories 278 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.8%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.7 mg
Sodium 348.6 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.21 g0.84%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 27 g53.4%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 2% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a skillet, melt butter, sear and cook the steak as per desired doneness
2. Remove the steak and set aside, leaving behind the fat for the sauce.
3. In the same pan on medium heat, heat the reserved fat, and add in the flour, stirring continuously.
4. Stir and cook until the flour mixture gets grainy in texture, do not allow it to brown and add more flour if needed.
5. Pour in the water and whisk continuously until the mixture is smooth, add more water and cook stirring continuously until it reaches the desired consistency.
6. Add in the milk and keep stirring and bring to a boil.
7. Season with salt and pepper, and add milk or water allow to boil and simmer to get the desired consistency.
8. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
9. Spoon the gravy over the cube steak and serve.