- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Country Cousin Supper Recipe
|Sauerkraut||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Partially Drained)|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Caraway seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frankfurters||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut in 1/4 inch slices|
|American cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Mashed potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Seasoned)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
Calories 668 Calories from Fat 297
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.9%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.2 mg
Sodium 1621.4 mg67.6%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 25 g50.6%
Vitamin A 10.5% Vitamin C 80.9%
Calcium 42.4% Iron 32.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a bowl and combine sauerkraut, caraway seed, pepper and onion.
3) Take a 2 quart greased casserole and place the bay leaves at the bottom.
4) Cover with layers of seasoned sauerkraut and frankfurters, ending with sauerkraut.
5) Sprinkle with cheese.
6) Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
7) Remove cover and trim the top of casserole with a decorative border of potatoes.
8) Brush with melted butter.
9) Increase heat to 425° F and bake, uncovered, until the potato border becomes light brown in color.
10) Serve Country Cousin Supper hot.