- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Country Style Ribs And Kraut Recipe
|Country style ribs||4 Pound (cut in 1 to 6-rib pieces)|
|Sauerkraut||27 Ounce (drained)|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce|
|Potatoes||3 Medium (coarsely grated)|
|Instant minced onion||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 864 Calories from Fat 237
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.5%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 335.6 mg
Sodium 2214.9 mg92.3%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.3%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 100 g200.8%
Vitamin A 16.6% Vitamin C 106.9%
Calcium 20.7% Iron 52.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large casserole or roasting pan, arrange the ribs.
3. Place in the hot oven and them for 20 minutes, turning to brown each side.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. and cover casserole or roasting pan with foil
5. Continue to bake the ribs for another 25 minutes.
6. Drain the fat from the pan and remove the ribs onto absorbent paper. Season the ribs with salt and pepper.
7. In the casserole or pan, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
8. Arrange the ribs over the sauerkraut mixture.
9. Cover again and return to the oven for another 1 hour.
10. Uncover and bake for 1/2 hour or until the ribs are tender.
11. Serve the ribs hot spooning the sauerkraut-tomato-potato mixture over them.