- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Country Style Ribs Recipe
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Liquid smoke||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pork ribs pieces||3 Pound, cut into 1-inch wide pieces (Country Style)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Hot)|
Calories 473 Calories from Fat 227
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.7%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.5%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 131.5 mg43.8%
Sodium 141.2 mg5.9%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.84 g3.4%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 47 g93.4%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 13.8%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small (1 quart) microwave dish, place onion.
2. Cover dish with plastic wrap
3. Microwave at HIGH for 2 minutes until onion is limp
4. In the meantime, blend tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, mustard and liquid smoke in another bowl.
5. Stir in the onions when they are soft. Set aside.
6. Arrange the ribs in a large (3-quart) microwaveable casserole or dish
7. Pour water over them.
8. Cover dish with plastic wrap or lid.
9. Place in the microwave and set the power at 5
10. Cook the ribs for 50 to 57 minutes or until pork is tender and has lost its pinkish color.
11. Rearrange the ribs draining the excess fat.
12. Pour the prepared sauce over ribs until well coated.
13. Cook in the microwave, on HIGH for 10 to 15 minutes, or until ribs are well glazed with the sauce.
14. Serve the ribs hot.