- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Country Style Pork Pie Dinner Recipe
|Small cabbage head||1 Pound|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|Prepared instant mashed potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Diced cooked pork||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned brown gravy with onions||11 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Hard-cooked eggs||4 , diced|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 1107 Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.2%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g53.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 291.6 mg
Sodium 1364 mg56.8%
Total Carbohydrates 201 g67.2%
Dietary Fiber 23.9 g95.7%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 35 g69.4%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 221.1%
Calcium 8% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare cabbage, wash,trim and break the peices into shreds.
2. Take a large saucepan, add water and salt, and bring to boil. Stir in cabbage, allow to cook for 5 minutes till semi-cooked and crisp. Drain well.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the cabbage.
4. Fold the prepared potatoes into the cabbage.
5. Butter a shallow 8 cup baking dish, and line the bottom and the sides with the potatoe-cabbage.
6. In a small skillet melt the butter or margarine, sautee the pork for 1 minute. Add the grave and bring to boil. Remove from the heat.
7. Whilst still hot but not boiling, add the eggs to the skillet and parsely.
8. Add the entire mixture into the potato-lined dish.
9. In a hot oven at 400 Degrees Fahrenheit bake for 15 minutes or until the mixture is bubbling hot.
10. Serve hot as a main dish for dinner. Toasted bread or Garlic bread would be the best accompaniment.