- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Country Style Chicken Soup Recipe
|Stewing chicken/6 backs and necks||1 Small|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Bay leaf/1/2 teaspoon dill seeds||1 Small|
|Potato||1 Large, diced|
Calories 815 Calories from Fat 377
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.4%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 251.2 mg
Sodium 1270.2 mg52.9%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.4%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 79 g158.4%
Vitamin A 117.4% Vitamin C 42.1%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 22.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place chicken in a large stock pot and cover with water.
2. Simmer on a low flame for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
3. Add vegetables and herbs.
4. Continue simmering for another 30 minutes.
5. Remove the chicken onto a plate and allow it to cool slightly before shredding the meat off the bones.
6. Return meat to the broth .
7. Allow the both with meat and vegetables to stand overnight.
8. Skim fat off the surface.
9. Add potato and season soup with salt and pepper.
10. Simmer for 30 minutes until the potato is cooked..
11. Ladle hot soup into 6 soup bowls.
12. Serve with crusty bread.
Use leftover chicken to prepare a quick soup.