- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Country Meat Loaf Recipe
|Lean minced beef||2 Pound (Raw)|
|Rolled oats||2 Ounce|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, skinned, crushed|
|Mixed herbs||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||3 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Beef stock cube||1|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Cornflour||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Tomato juice||14 Ounce (Can)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
Calories 542 Calories from Fat 284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.7%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.3%
Trans Fat 1.7 g
Cholesterol 193.5 mg
Sodium 530.6 mg22.1%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 49 g97.6%
Vitamin A 16.7% Vitamin C 40%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 34.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a 8x4 1/2 inch loaf tin and line it with non-stick paper.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix beef with oats, herbs, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
3) In a saucepan, heat the water and add stock cube to it.
4) Add stock to the beef mixture and stir well to blend perfectly.
5) Season the mixture and fold an egge into it for binding.
6) Into the paper lines tin, press the beef mixture lightly.
7)Cover the tin with foil and in oven bake at 400 degrees F for around 40 minutes.
8) Cool the loaf and invert on a foil line serving dish.