- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Country Liver Loaf Recipe
|Beef liver||7 Pound, sliced|
|Ham||12 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Steak sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Apple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 366 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.4%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.1%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 656.8 mg
Sodium 215.5 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g1.2%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 53 g105.3%
Vitamin A 767.3% Vitamin C 6.5%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 63.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350Â°.
2. Trim off all the veiny parts and skin from the liver.
3. In a medium frying pan, simmer the liver in salted. Add boiling water to cover the liver. Drain.
4. In a large bowl, add liver, ham and coarsely chopped onion, bread crumbs, egg, milk, steak sauce and thyme.
5. Take a greased loaf pan, 9x5x3 and firmly place the entire mixture in it.
6. Place in the oven for 45 minutes or until browned from the top part.
7. Get ready a heated serving platter.
8. In a small saucepan, heat jelly with lemon juice. Keep stirring constantly. Add on the top of hot loaf.
9. Serve hot.