- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Country Fried Steak Recipe Video
|Beef bottom round||2 Pound, cubed to 1/4" to 1/2" (trim excess fat)|
|Bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg white||4 Medium|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (fat free)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2608 Calories from Fat 1336
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 149 g228.9%
Saturated Fat 51 g255.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 585.1 mg
Sodium 2596.2 mg108.2%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g29.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 18.7 g
Protein 216 g431.9%
Vitamin A 11.7% Vitamin C 20%
Calcium 46.7% Iron 128.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) Mix together the breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
3) Drench the beef in egg whites first and then coat with the seasoned breadcrumbs.
4) Heat olive oil in a pan and add the meat. Brown for 2 minutes on each side.
5) Grease a broiler rack and place browned beef on it.
6) Cook in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
7) To the fat left behind in the pan, add the cornstarch and whisk it around.
8) Add the chicken stock. Deglaze the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9) Add the milk and thyme. Whisk well and cook till the gravy has thickened.
10) Remove the meat from the oven and let it sit for about 2 minutes.
11) Serve the preparation hot with your choice of condiment or salad.