- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Country Fried Catfish and Hush Puppies from Rosalie Serving Recipe Video
|For the fried catfish|
|Catfish fillet||600 Gram|
|Garlic salt||1 Tablespoon (lory's)|
|Cornmeal||2 Cup (32 tbs) (White self raising cornmeal)|
|Cornmeal||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Yellow cornmeal)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For frying)|
|For the hush puppies patties|
|Cornmeal||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1253 Calories from Fat 633
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g109.2%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g52.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106.1 mg
Sodium 1656.4 mg69%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.6%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.5%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 36 g72.6%
Vitamin A 19.4% Vitamin C 11.5%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 32.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedElectric skillet
1. Heat a skillet with oil to about 350 degree.
2. In a pan combine the self raising flour, cornmeal and paprika.
3. Chop the green onions and keep it aside.
4. Season the catfish with garlic salt, once done dip it in buttermilk and coat it with the cornmeal mixture.
5. Once done fry the catfish for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
6. Place the fish on a kitchen towel and let it drain, let it cool.
7. In a bowl combine buttermilk, red pepper, egg, salt, green onion, self raising cornmeal and chives.
8. Mix all the ingredients well and then fry the Patties on the same skillet for 2 minutes on each side.
9. Once done drain on kitchen towel.
10. Serve the fried catfish along and the Hush Puppy Patties, with cocktail sauce.