- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Country Corn Bread Recipe
|Cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Cream style corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Frozen chopped broccoli||10 Ounce, cooked and well-drained (1 Package)|
Calories 690 Calories from Fat 423
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.5%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 149.4 mg
Sodium 856.2 mg35.7%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.2%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 22 g43.6%
Vitamin A 54.4% Vitamin C 109.2%
Calcium 46.3% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) In a medium bowl, add cornmeal, baking powder, and salt to mix. Prepare a well in the center.
3) In another medium bowl, add eggs, cream-style corn, milk, and oil to combine.
4) Pour this egg mixture into the well and combine all together to moist and smooth.
5) Fold in cheese and broccoli, if you wish.
6) Grease a 9-inch square baking pan and pour the batter.
7) Place inside oven to bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
8) Serve the corn bread with delicious main dish recipe.