- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Country Chicken Chowder Recipe
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), frozen|
|Condensed chicken noodle soup||31 Ounce (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Water||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cooked and cubed chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream style corn||1 Pound|
|Evaporated milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Pepper white||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 415 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.1%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.1 mg
Sodium 1161.2 mg48.4%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.8%
Sugars 14.4 g
Protein 25 g49.8%
Vitamin A 35.1% Vitamin C 25.1%
Calcium 21% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter or margarine over moderate heat
2. Add onions and sauté for 2 -3 minutes until translucent.
3. Add remaining ingredients except parsley and stir well to blend.
4. Simmer until soup is hot and bubbly.
5. Ladle hot soup into warm soup bowls
6. Garnish with chopped parsley.
7. Serve hot with crackers or crust bread.