- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Country Captain Recipe
|Chicken||1 Pound, frying|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finley diced|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finley diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Curry powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), stewed|
|Currants||3 Tablespoon, dried|
|Toasted almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), blanched|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1844 Calories from Fat 1023
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 114 g175.8%
Saturated Fat 44.8 g224.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 424.9 mg
Sodium 2931.7 mg122.2%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.4%
Dietary Fiber 22.1 g88.3%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 115 g229.5%
Vitamin A 117% Vitamin C 217.1%
Calcium 44.1% Iron 109.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Chop the pieces into serving pieces. Rinse the pieces and thoroughly dry them.
2) Use a mixture of salt, pepper and flour to coat the pieces well.
3) In a large skillet, heat the butter and cook the chicken till it is browned.
4) Take out the cooked chicken and add to the skillet, add the onion, green pepper, garlic, curry powder, thyme and stewed tomatoes.
5) Stir well to loosen the browned particles which are on the skillet’s bottom.
6) Put the chicken back in the skillet, cover it and cook gently and slowly for about 30 minutes or till the pieces have tendered.
7) Into the sauce, stir the currants and garnish with toasted almonds.
8) Serve chicken hot with the chutney and boiled rice.