- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Country Captain Recipe
|Chicken||1 Pound, frying|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finley diced|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finley diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Curry powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), stewed|
|Currants||3 Tablespoon, dried|
|Toasted almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), blanched|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1976 Calories from Fat 1186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 132 g203.6%
Saturated Fat 50 g250.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 461.1 mg153.7%
Sodium 2954.3 mg123.1%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.4%
Dietary Fiber 22.1 g88.3%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 107 g214.4%
Vitamin A 120.7% Vitamin C 229.2%
Calcium 44.1% Iron 112.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Chop the pieces into serving pieces. Rinse the pieces and thoroughly dry them.
2) Use a mixture of salt, pepper and flour to coat the pieces well.
3) In a large skillet, heat the butter and cook the chicken till it is browned.
4) Take out the cooked chicken and add to the skillet, add the onion, green pepper, garlic, curry powder, thyme and stewed tomatoes.
5) Stir well to loosen the browned particles which are on the skillet’s bottom.
6) Put the chicken back in the skillet, cover it and cook gently and slowly for about 30 minutes or till the pieces have tendered.
7) Into the sauce, stir the currants and garnish with toasted almonds.
8) Serve chicken hot with the chutney and boiled rice.