- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Curry Powder Country Captain Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Green pepper||1 Small, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Currants/Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Toasted blanched almonds||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 797 Calories from Fat 480
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g82.1%
Saturated Fat 17.6 g87.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 238.9 mg
Sodium 700.8 mg29.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 57 g114.3%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 43.8%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the chicken into neat serving pieces. Sprinkle pieces with salt and pepper to taste.
2) In a large skillet, heat the butter and add the chicken. Cook till it has browned on all sides.
3) Remove the chicken from skillet.
4) To the skillet, add the onion, green pepper, garlic, curry powder and thyme. Cook till the onion has tender but not browned.
5) Add tomatoes, currants and chicken to the skillet. Cover and cook for about 20 to 30 minutes or till the chicken has tendered.
6) Serve hot over rice with chutney and almonds.