- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Country Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Granulated white sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||8 Tablespoon, cut into small pieces|
|Buttermilk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Calories 476 Calories from Fat 222
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.8%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg21.5%
Sodium 713.8 mg29.7%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 8 g16.5%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C
Calcium 29.3% Iron 18.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Take a medium-sized mixing bowl and all ingredients except buttermilk.
3. Cut butter into flour mixture until a coarse crumb texture is achieved.
4. Add buttermilk.
5. Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
6. Do not overmix.
7. Turn dough out onto a lightly-floured surface.
8. Knead 8 to 10 times.
9. Roll or pat out 1/2-inch thick.
10. Cut with 2-inch cutter dipped in flour.
11. Place cut biscuits in a shallow 9-inch glass baking dish.
12. Cook at Convection (425°F) for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
13. Serve immediately.