- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Country Breakfast Recipe
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned potatoes||32 Ounce, sliced and drained (2 Cans, 16 Ounce Each)|
|Canned sliced potatoes||32 Ounce, drained (2 Cans, 16 Ounce Each)|
|American cheese slices||4 , halved|
|American cheese slice||4 , halved|
Calories 776 Calories from Fat 394
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68.2%
Saturated Fat 25.8 g129.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 515.3 mg
Sodium 1131.9 mg47.2%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 11.5 g46.1%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 27 g53.2%
Vitamin A 33.4% Vitamin C 64.1%
Calcium 32.8% Iron 42.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a baking dish, heat butter, green pepper and onion on high power for 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
2) Add potatoes to the dish.
3) Blend eggs, milk, salt and pepper and stir into the potatoes.
4) Cook covered on medium power for 8 1/2 to 10 minutes or until eggs are set, stirring once.
5) Top the dish with cheese and let stand, covered, in the oven for 5 minutes.
6) Serve hot as a healthy and quick breakfast.