- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cottage Cheese And Chive Omelette Recipe
|Curd creamed cottage cheese||8 Ounce|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Dry mustard||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 133 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.6%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 209.3 mg
Sodium 414.7 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.18 g0.74%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 10 g20.8%
Vitamin A 12.8% Vitamin C 8%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In small bowl, combine cottage cheese, chives, and parsley and mix till combined.
2. In medium bowl, combine eggs, 1 tablespoon water, the salt, and mrstard; beat with wire whisk until mixed but not foamy.
3. Slowly heat a 10-inch heavy skillet. Add butter; heat until it sizzles- do not brown.
4. Quickly turn egg mixture, all at once, into skillet; cook over medium heat. As mixture sets, run spatula around edge, to loosen; tilt pan, to let un- cooked portion run underneath. Continue loosening and tilting until omelet is almost dry on top and golden-brown underneath. Spoon cottage-cheese mixture over half of omelet; fold over other half.
5. Turn out onto serving plate and serve hot