- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cottage Potato Casserole Recipe
|Cream style cottage cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Hot mashed potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs), unseasoned|
|Sour cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Finely chopped scallions||2 Tablespoon (Include Tops)|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 730 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.5%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.6%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 44.3 mg
Sodium 1210 mg50.4%
Total Carbohydrates 130 g43.3%
Dietary Fiber 13.3 g53.2%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 26 g51.9%
Vitamin A 12.4% Vitamin C 100.5%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat an oven to 350° F.
2. Grease a 2-quart casserole or baking dish with butter.
3. In a food processor jar add cottage cheese and blend until smooth.
4. Empty into a large bowl and combine with potatoes cream, scallions and seasoning.
5. Use a wooden spoon to blend all the ingredients into a smooth mash.
6. Spoon the cheese-potato mixture into the casserole and run a fork to make a pattern on it.
7. Drizzle with melted butter.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes until golden and crispy on top
9. Spoon the mash directly onto your plate from the casserole.
10. Enjoy while hot and creamy