- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy German Cottage Cheesecake Recipe Video
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground flax seed||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Graham crackers||3 1⁄2 (Whole)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Cottage cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened frozen strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Whole)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3101 Calories from Fat 1174
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 135 g206.9%
Saturated Fat 56.8 g284%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 481.6 mg
Sodium 3730 mg155.4%
Total Carbohydrates 385 g128.5%
Dietary Fiber 22 g88%
Sugars 211 g
Protein 100 g200.6%
Vitamin A 64.7% Vitamin C 360%
Calcium 175.2% Iron 73.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a pudding tray
3. For the crust: Blend ½ cup of ground flax seeds, ½ cup ground walnuts, 3 gram crackers and ½ cup of flour in a mixer.
4. Add ½ stick of butter to the crumble and mix well.
5. Add 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/3 cup of sugar, 1 egg, a teaspoon of vanilla extract and 3 tablespoons of milk and mix.
6. Layer this mixture in the pudding tray.
7. Add 2 cups of cottage cheese and 1 cup of low fat sour cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla, ½ cup sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder and 3 eggs and mix well.
8. Pour this mixture over the crust layer on the pudding tray and smoothen it.
9. Pop the tray in the oven for 40 - 45 minutes.
10. For the strawberry filing: Mix 2 cups frozen chopped strawberries, ¼ cup sugar, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, ½ teaspoon of thyme.
11. Remove after 40 minutes from the oven and let it cool.
12. Cut a piece of the cottage cheesecake and add some of the strawberry filling on top and serve.