- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cottage Cheese Salmon Loaf Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄4 Ounce (1 envelope)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Cottage cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Pimiento||3 (as required)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Sweet pickles/Pickle relish||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Canned salmon||1 Pound (1 can)|
Calories 271 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.1%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31 mg
Sodium 649.1 mg27%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.69 g2.8%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 18 g36.1%
Vitamin A 13.9% Vitamin C 30.6%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Lightly oil a 1 1/2 qt loaf pan and place aside.
2) Remove the skin and bones from the salmon. Flake and place aside.
3) In a bowl, pour in half of the milk.
4) Add gelatin to soften.
5) In a saucepan, pour in remaining milk and heat until hot.
6) Add the gelatin mixture and dissolve by stirring.
7) Add onion, salt and cottage cheese.
8) Arrange the unpeeled cucumber slices and pimiento pieces in a pattern on the bottom of pan.
9) Pour in the cottage cheese mixture.
10) Place inside refrigerator to chill and prepare the cheese layer.
11) To prepare the salmon layer, add the gelatin in a bowl of cold water to soften.
12) Dissolve the gelatin into water by heating over boiling water .
13) Add lemon juice to it and cool slightly.
14) In a bowl, combine gelatin and mayonnaise.
15) Fold in celery and sweet pickle.
16) Pour in the salmon liquid.
17) Add the salmon flakes and mix.
18) Pour the mixture over the cheese layer.
19) Place inside refrigerator to chill until firm.
20) Unmold on platter to serve with dressing made by combining 1 cup of finely diced cucumber and 1 cup of mayonnaise.