- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cottage Cheese Pancakes Recipe
|Cottage cheese||1 1⁄2 Pound, dry|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 Small, beaten|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 616 Calories from Fat 336
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.5%
Saturated Fat 21.1 g105.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 344.7 mg
Sodium 741.7 mg30.9%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.84 g3.4%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 31 g62.8%
Vitamin A 25.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 26.1% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Through a strainer, press the cheese and stir in salt to taste.
2) Add the melted butter, egg yolks and sugar.
3) To prepare the pancakes, add the milk to the eggs first and then gradually stir in the flour. Add salt and mix the ingredients together till a smooth mixture is formed.
4) Heat a heavy skillet of 6-inches and lightly grease it with butter.
5) Pour in just enough batter to make a very thin pancake. Tip the pan from side to side till the batter has covered the bottom of the pan.
6) Bake the pancake on one side only till it has blistered and then toss it onto a board, fried side up.
7) Make the pancakes in this fashion till the entire batter has been used.
8) In the center of each pancake, place a tounded tablespoon (about 20 ml.) of the cheese filling.
9) Fold both sides of the pancake over the filling and then roll into an envelope shape.
10) On both sides, fry the envelopes. Alternatively, these can also be baked till golden brown in color.
11) Serve the stuffed pancake while still hot, or allow them to cool for a bit and serve at room temperature. Sugar, sour cream or jam can be served on the side.