- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cottage Cheese Hot Cakes Recipe
|Soft curd cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 182 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.5%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.2 mg
Sodium 359.7 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.73 g2.9%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 11 g22.5%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 8.8% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, beat eggs and combine with cottage cheese.
2. In a large basin, sift together dry ingredients.
3. Add cheese egg mixture, milk and oil and stir well until blended to form a smooth thick batter.
4. Heat a griddle, lightly greased with oil.
5. Drop batter using a ladle, 2-3 inches apart, to make cakes of desired size.
6. Cook until pancakes are bubbly on top, then flip over with pancake turner and brown on the other side.
7. Stack on a plate and serve hot with butter or syrup if desired.