- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cottage Cheese Calico Salad Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Stalk celery||1 Medium, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Medium, cut in 6 pieces|
|Green onions||3 , cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Carrot||1 , peeled, cut in 1 inch pieces|
|Radishes||6 , halved|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Medium, halved lengthwise, cut in 1 inch pieces|
|Creamed cottage cheese||16 Ounce (1 Container)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Prepared horseradish||2 Teaspoon|
|Seasoned salt||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 259 Calories from Fat 169
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.8%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.5 mg
Sodium 651.4 mg27.1%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 13 g26.7%
Vitamin A 41.4% Vitamin C 30%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small saucepan, soak gelatin in milk and let soak until softened, for about 10 minutes.
2. Heat on a low flame and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved in the milk.
3. Let the mixture cool to lukewarm.
4. On a vegetable board with a paring knife or in a food processor, coarsely chop the vegetables adding them to a large salad bowl.
5. In the food processor or liquidizer jar, combine the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
6. Add the cooled gelatin milk and blend for another 5 to 10 seconds.
7. Pour this mixture into the bowl of vegetables and stir until well mixed
8. Pour mixture into a 11/2 quart casserole or into 6 individual jelly molds.
9. Place the molds in the chiller compartment of the refrigerator until as set and well chilled.
10. To unmold, dip the mold in a bath of luke warm water and invert onto bed of lettuce leaves on salad plate.
11. Garnish with parsley if you like.