- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cottage Cheese Cake Recipe
|Graham cracker crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), lightly packed|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), divided|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon rind||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grated|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cottage cheese||24 Ounce, sieved (3 Package)|
Calories 779 Calories from Fat 336
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.4%
Saturated Fat 20.8 g104.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 320.4 mg
Sodium 816.5 mg34%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.27 g1.1%
Sugars 71.2 g
Protein 29 g57.5%
Vitamin A 27.7% Vitamin C 6.9%
Calcium 21.7% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven at 325°F.
2) In a bowl, add cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup of the sugar.
3) Add butter to blend together.
4) Use greased 8-inch spring form pan to press the mixture on the inner surface.
5) Beat eggs to form stiff.
6) Gradually add remaining 1 cup of sugar.
7) Add flour and salt to beat in.
8) Combine lemon juice, rind, heavy cream and cottage cheese to blend thoroughly.
9) Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
10) Bake for 1 ¼ hours or until the cake is properly done.
11) Allow the cake to cool inside oven for another hour by closing the door.
12) Place the pan on wire rack to cool.
13) Place inside refrigerator to chill down.
14) Frost the cake with your choice of garnishing to serve.