- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cottage Cheese and Walnut Tea Bread Recipe
|Cottage cheese||1⁄2 Pound, sieved (225 g)|
|Soft brown sugar||6 Ounce (175 g)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Oranges||2 , rinded and finely grated|
|Walnuts||2 Ounce, chopped (50 g)|
|Self raising flour||1⁄2 Pound (225 g)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (5 ml)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2370 Calories from Fat 517
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.8%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g53.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 657.1 mg
Sodium 4234.7 mg176.4%
Total Carbohydrates 394 g131.2%
Dietary Fiber 17.6 g70.3%
Sugars 210.6 g
Protein 79 g158%
Vitamin A 32.5% Vitamin C 239.7%
Calcium 161.3% Iron 89.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F or Gas Mark 4).
3) In a bowl, put cottage cheese and sugar, beat well until blended.
4) Add the eggs one at a time and beat well, them add orange rind.
5) Sift the baking powder and flour together and add in the egg mixture. Mix until well blended.
6) In the prepared tin, spoon the mixture, smooth the top and sprinkle the castor sugar over the mixture.
7) Bake in the preheated moderate oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hours until golden brown from top and well risen.
8) Let the loaf to cool in the tin, then turn out and remove the paper lining.
9) Wrap the loaf in foil and pack in a freezer bag.
10) Seal the bag, label and freeze.
11) Thaw the loaf in wrapping at room temperature for 3-4 hours.
12) Slice the loaf and serve.