- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cottage Cheese And Crab Mousse Recipe
|Gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (15 g)|
|Water||1⁄4 Pint (150 ml)|
|Cottage cheese||1 Pound (450 g)|
|Watercress||1 3⁄4 Ounce, stalks removed and leaves finely chopped (1/2 bunch)|
|Canned crab meat||8 Ounce, drained and flaked (1 can)|
|Single cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Watercress sprigs||3 (to garnish)|
Calories 174 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.2%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.8 mg
Sodium 788.4 mg32.8%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.15 g0.58%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 25 g50.2%
Vitamin A 12.1% Vitamin C 12.1%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan of hot water and stir until the gelatine has dissolved.
2. Put the cottage cheese in a bowl and add salt and pepper.
3. Add the crabmeat, cream and lemon juice; mix very thoroughly.
4. Stir in the gelatine to the crabmeat mixture.
5. Spoon the mixture into a serving bowl, then chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
6. Seal and return to the freezer; label the bag as it makes it easier to distinguish.
7. To thaw: remove wrappings and thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
8. Garnish the mousse with watercress sprigs and sour cream.