- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Costine Recipe Video
|Fresh rosemary||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Sage||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, mince|
|Curry salt||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Wegmans Curry Salt Seasoning Shakr)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||1 Tablespoon (Italian Classics Hot Pepper Spread)|
|Pork spare ribs||3 Pound, patted dry and cut in half (1 rack, Center Cut)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce (Italian Classics Coarse Ground Tomatoes)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Tabasco pepper sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 833 Calories from Fat 438
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.1%
Saturated Fat 17 g85.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 204.2 mg
Sodium 1179.7 mg49.2%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.7%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 74 g147.6%
Vitamin A 42.5% Vitamin C 45.5%
Calcium 33.4% Iron 44.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Day before serving: Combine rosemary, sage, garlic, curry salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, garam masala, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and hot pepper spread in small bowl.
2. Place ribs in single layer on bottom of roasting pan. Coat both sides of ribs with spice mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Remove pan from refrigerator and remove plastic wrap. Roast ribs 20 minutes flip and roast another 20 minutes.
5. Transfer ribs to 8-qt ovenproof pan. Add 2 1/2 cups water to original roasting pan and stir to loosen browned bits on bottom of pan. Pour juices over ribs.
6. Add canned tomatoes, Tabasco, and Worcestershire sauce to pan with ribs. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
7. Cover pan with foil or with lid and place on center rack of oven. Braise the ribs for 2 1/2 hours.
8. Serve the ribs and sauce over cooked Pappardelle and accompany with sauteed greens.
Extra sauce pairs well with Italian Classics Pappardelle.