- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corny Beef Soup Recipe
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Canned condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned corn||16 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Narrow noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
|Beer||12 Ounce (1 Can Or Bottle)|
|Canned mushrooms||4 Ounce, undrained (1 Can, Optional)|
Calories 671 Calories from Fat 305
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.2%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 103.5 mg
Sodium 539.7 mg22.5%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 15.7 g
Protein 25 g49.2%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 22.7%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a kettle, over moderate high flame.
2. Add the beef and onion and sauté, breaking up the meat lumps, until it is evenly browned.
3. Stir in the soup and water then add the corn.
4. Bring liquid to a boil and add the noodles.
5. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Tip in the beer and add the mushrooms with liquid, recover and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning and check the noodles for doneness.
8. Add more water if soup is too thick and heat though.
9. Serve immediately by ladling soup into warm soup bowls.