- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cornmeal Griddlecakes with Smoked Salmon Recipe Video
|Fresh corn on the cob||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced off the cob (about three ears)|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 Medium, finely diced|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green onion||1 Large|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk/Whole milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mild hot sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Smoked salmon||1 Medium|
|Creme fraiche||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 500 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.2 mg
Sodium 1150.3 mg47.9%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.9%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 22 g43.4%
Vitamin A 43.1% Vitamin C 111.2%
Calcium 22.1% Iron 25.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
2. Add the wet ingredients egg, buttermilk or milk and mild hot sauce to the dry ingredients and mix just until moistened.
3. Fold in the vegetables – corn jalapeños, bell pepper and green onion and let it set for at least 10 minutes.
4. In a large heavy skillet heat oil and drop heaping tablespoons full of corn mixture into the oil flattening each one a bit with the back of the spoon.
5. Pan-fry until golden on one side, flip them over, fry until golden and drain on paper towels.
6. Serve hot with a slice or 2 of smoke salmon, a dollop of Crème Fraiche and garnish with chives.