- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cornmeal Batter Dipped Fish Recipe
|Fish fillets||2 Pound|
|Cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Cooking oil/Melted fat||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 431 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 205.7 mg
Sodium 726.1 mg30.3%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 46 g91.5%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 16.2% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Slice fish into serving-sized portions.
2) Take a bowl and mix together cornmeal, flour, salt, and pepper in it.
3) Mix in milk, egg, and fat or cooking oil until smooth.
4) Into this batter, dip fish and allow draining over bowl.
5) In a skillet, heat fat (350°F) and fry fish in it for three to five minutes until golden brown, tossing once.
6) Take off the browned fish from fat and then drain the excess fat using paper towels.
7) Serve hot at once.