- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cornish Treacle Tart Recipe
|For flaky pastry:|
|Plain flour||6 Ounce|
|Ice cold water||4 Fluid Ounce|
|White bread crumbs||8 Tablespoon|
|Golden syrup||6 Ounce (1 Tea Cup)|
|Lemon||1 , rind grated and juiced|
|Caster sugar||1 Teaspoon (For Dusting)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2367 Calories from Fat 1108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g188.9%
Saturated Fat 56.3 g281.5%
Trans Fat 2.3 g
Cholesterol 175.8 mg58.6%
Sodium 1877.1 mg78.2%
Total Carbohydrates 294 g98.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.7%
Sugars 69.3 g
Protein 25 g50%
Vitamin A 28.7% Vitamin C 74.4%
Calcium 29.6% Iron 30.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Heat oven at 425°F or Mark 7.
2) For the flaky pastry, in a bowl, sift the flour and salt.
3) Divide the butter into two portions and the lard into two portions.
4) Mix one portion of either fat into the flour, add cold water and form a firm dough.
5) Lightly knead till smooth and then roll out to an oblong.
6) On two-thirds of dough, use small pieces of the other fat.
7) Mix in and fold the dough in three.
8) Keep the open edge towards you and turn the dough.
9) Once again roll out to an oblong.
10) Add in pieces of the third portion of fat and fold in three.
11) Wrap in a cloth and set aside for 15 minutes.
12) Roll out the dough and add in the remaining fat.
13) Fold the dough and form a 12 inches by 7 inches oblong.
14) Mix in the breadcrumbs, syrup, and lemon flavor to make the filling.
15) Divide the pastry into two.
16) Roll one piece thinner, use to line the tin / pie plate and moisten the edges.
17) Add the filling into the tin and cover with the other half of rolled out pastry.
18) Seal the edges, moisten the top with water and sprinkle with sugar.
19) Place in oven for 30-40 minutes.
20) Top with sweetened whipped cream and serve.