- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cornish Pasty Recipe
|Shortcrust pastry||4 Ounce (100 Gram, Using The Flour Of Your Choice)|
|Beef skirt||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Milk||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (A Small Piece)|
Calories 154 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.9%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.5 mg
Sodium 132.1 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 40.2%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. On a floured work surface, roll out the pastry dough into a 9 inch circle and place the circle of a lined baking sheet.
2. Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C
3. Finely slice the vegetables and the meat.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the meat, vegetables and seasonings.
5. Turn the filling, into the center of the pastry circle.
6. Damp edges of pastry with milk and fold it over into a pasty. Crimp the edges to seal
7. Brush the pastry with milk.
8. Use tip of the knife to make 2 slits on the pastry to allow steam to escape.
9. Place the baking sheet in the middle level of the preheated oven and bake the pastry for 20 minutes till it golden brown
10. Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F, 190°C and continue baking for another 20 minutes.
11. Remove the pastry from the oven and spoon the butter into the slits.
12. Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes more.
13. Remove the pastry from the oven and cool slightly.
14. Serve hot with a sauce of your choice.