- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cornish Pasties Recipe
|Plain short crust pastry||4 Ounce|
|For the filling|
|Lean steak||4 Ounce|
|Potato||1 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Onion||1 Small, skinned and chopped|
|Mixed herbs||1 Pinch|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg/Milk||1 (To Glaze)|
Calories 285 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.8 mg
Sodium 256.8 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 24 g48%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 52.7%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 400°F. -Gas Mark 6.
2) Trim off the fat or gristle from the meat.
3) Use a mincer, to shred or mince the meat.
4) In a bowl, combine the minced meat with the potato, onion, herbs and chopped parsley.
5) Season well with salt and pepper and moisten with a little stock.
6) Take the pastry to divide into 2 parts.
7) Roll out each part into a circle of 5 inches in diameter.
8) Spread half the filling in the centre of each piece and damp the edges.
9) Bring the edges of the pastry up together in the centre over the filling, and press gently together all round to seal. Flute the join by pinching between the thumb and first two fingers.
10) Use a greased baking sheet to place the pasties.
11) Combine beaten egg and milk or use only milk to glaze the pasties.
12) Place the baking sheet in the centre of the hot oven to bake for the first 10 minutes.
13) Reduce the heat to fairly hot (375°F. - Gas Mark 5) and bake for a further 15-20 minutes.
14) Allow cooling before serving.
15) Serve cold with lettuce and cucumber salad.